Thursday, September 19, 2013

Molli Grace is here!

That's right! Miss Molli is here. Well, she's been here for over a month. I'm just a little late getting to my computer to update everyone. But can you blame me? I now have a newborn, a two year old, and a husband who's a football coach starting up the football season (Which means... What husband? Who's Tim?). But back to Miss Molli and her birth story...

Here is Paysli's "Big Sis" outfit.
My momma made the pants!
So talented!
I was scheduled for my repeat C-Section on August 15th. Tim, Paysli, and I had been enjoying an amazing summer together just having a blast and some days just letting ourselves just be bored because those days are few and far between these days. With Paysli, I had to have a C-section because she was large... I guess I should say that her head was large (like 99th percentile large). Honestly, all you momma's out there know that the head is the measurement we are ultimately most interested in when thinking about labor. Paysli wouldn't drop and my body became frustrated with that little nugget that was taking over my body . I think Paysli would still be hanging out in utero if my doctor wouldn't have gone to get her. So most of my family and friends expected the same from Molli. I on the other hand, I felt differently about Molli. Tim and I were a bit surprised during all of the sonograms that showed Molli's measurements were in the 50th percentiles throughout my pregnancy. I knew this little girl was going to be different from her sister. My third trimester hit and I consistently started feeling Braxton Hicks contractions, which I never had with Paysli. I also could tell that Molli had "dropped". With Paysli I swelled up like a blowfish and with Molli the swelling wasn't bad even in the Texas summer heat.

Around 37 weeks my Braxton Hicks contractions began to intensify, and I began to think that Miss Molli wanted to be different from her big sister. I continually told Tim that I thought Molli was going to come early, and I'm pretty sure he just brushed off this assumption due to our first experience with having a baby. I soon had some major nesting going on, which honestly I thought was just an old wives tale (It's real people!).

How do you entertain a 23 month old, a 2 year old,
 and a 3 year old at a hospital? Doctor's gloves!
And then August 12th came and Molli had plans of her own. I went and had lunch with a few friends from work (We went to Chipotle if there are any pregger ladies wondering what food might have put me into labor.) and then returned home to lounge on the couch like I had done so many of those August days... I'm pretty sure there is an imprint of my pregnant body in our couch if you look real close. I came in to check on Paysli and Tim, and while walking to go see Paysli in our playroom I felt something. It felt like I hadn't put the top of my Chipotle drink on all the way, and it spilled  on my shorts... But I had already drank every last bit of my drink. Or, in Tim's words of explaining what it felt like, "It was like I peed myself." (Classy right?) No Kati, you didn't spill your drink nor did you "pee yourself", but your water is breaking. I quickly told Tim what had happend, called my doctor, and anxiously waited for him to call me back. I had no idea what to do, especially since I never went into labor with Paysli. She was all planned out and my type A personality was okay with that. My doctor called back a few minutes later and said "We are going to have this baby today." Um what? But doctor, this really messes up the itinerary I put together for August 15th. I freaked and Tim... well he laughed . I remember looking over at him in my frozen state of panic and him giddily smiling and saying "This is exciting!". I ignored my big kid of a husband and began throwing anything that  looked like it was maternity-ish, labor-ish, or baby-ish in our SUV. And then we looked at our nearly 2 year old daughter and threw her in the car too. In efforts to keep this post from becoming a long chapter book, all to say... God blessed us with Molli Grace's healthy birth that Monday evening.
This picture sums up who was and wasn't excited about the
birth of Molli Grace. (From left to right: Paysli, Luke, Kynli, Wendi)

My momma and Molli. How cute is my
 mom in turquoise and yellow? Way to go mom!
Molli weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. She is a beautiful little baby, and I am once again amazed by God's miraculous creation of life.  I see a little baby, but I also see the work of our Lord and Savior. Thank you Lord for allowing us to care for your child that we are blessed to call ours. Thank you for breathing life into her. Thank you for surrounding us during our times of fear and anxiety throughout all our pregnancies. You have taught us to trust in You throughout this season of growing our family. And we have learned that through loss and sorrow or birth and celebration that You are a Sovereign God. You are sufficient and all we need. You are going to do big things in the lives of Paysli and Molli and thank you for allowing Tim and I along for the ride.

Paysli's first time meeting her little sister. So blessed!
Molli Grace, your mommy and daddy love you more than any words that I could ever type. It's our prayer that you first and foremost love and believe that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior. Our second prayer is that you stay out of trouble and take it easy on us during those teenage years. Ha! But really, we love you sweet girl. We love you now when you're a precious baby and we will love you until the day you lay us to rest. Just like God's love, we love you unconditionally. There is nothing you can do or say that will ever change or erase the love we have for you. We love you baby girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment