Do not leave the house?... Wrong again!
Do not let anybody enter the house?... Strike three!
YOU HAVE 8-12 MIDDLE SCHOOL OR HIGH SCHOOL TEENY BOPPERS OVER TO YOUR HOUSE FOR A WEEKEND FOR DISCIPLE NOW!
Yepperz, you read it right. Yes, we are crazy... but that good kind of crazy. All you McKinney and Melissa peeps, you thought the circus came to town this past week. Ha! You were wrong! (for those of you who don't live nearby... yes, a real circus really did come to town... so fun!)
So here is what we need from you. Prayer. Lots of it.
- Please pray for the Leader that is chosen for our home. Pray for the words they will speak and the relationships they will build with these kiddos. We pray they find comfort in our home and with our family.
- Pray for each student that walks in our door. Pray that they strengthen their walk with Christ if they already know him. And if they don't, we pray that they come to know Him and accept Him as their personal Lord and Savior. Pray for their hearts to be vulnerable when they walk in and strengthened by the time they walk out.
- Selfishly, pray for our family. Pray that Paysli sees the fun that fellowship and discipleship with others brings. Pray that she sees what it's like to teach and preach the Word of God. And pray that she sees the joy serving others brings to those being served as well as those being blessed enough to serve. And as for Miss Molli, just pray that the little nugget sleeps more than she's ever slept before! Please Molli, sleep for Mommy and Daddy!
- Pray for everyone's safety. Funny side note- We've already been told that Chinese Fire Drills are off limits... We all laughed when they said this... but they were serious... dead serious... like we will hunt you down and find you if we hear that any of your students stepped out of the car in the middle of the road serious. I immediately remembered what my husband and I were like as teenagers. Seriously, pray for everyone's safety...
- Pray that this weekend ultimately glorifies our Savior. Because He's pretty amazing... Just sayin.
And if you are wondering this years theme, well here ya go:
That's right people. U Smell. Doesn't it work perfectly for teenagers? Something they can relate to and it's ridiculously goofy!
Tim and I are so excited... slightly scared... but mostly excited to host these awesome students this weekend! We are totally in our element. Thanks for praying for such a fun and exciting weekend! Can't wait to see what God does in the lives of so many this weekend!
P.S. So this is my "before" post about Disciple Now weekend. I will try to put together an "after" post over Thanksgiving break... as soon as Tim scrapes me up off the floor from being exhausted after such a fun weekend. Come back soon to hear about all the shenanigans!
Oh and another P.S. We don't know if we are "having" boys or girls nor their ages. So Thursday night, after the Kickoff Rally, I will have a "gender reveal party" via my facebook. (Can you tell I've been preggers for about 4 years? It's just natural to think in pregnancy, babies, and such terms in this stage of my life.) What do you think we're "having"?